Frequently asked Questions

Can I get a travel visa without a Travel voucher (invitation)?
No, you can’t. In order to apply for your visa, you should first get a travel voucher (invitation). You can order it online through our website. Once you get your invitation, you can then contact the Russian embassy and apply for your visa to Russia.
What is the difference between a travel voucher and a tourist letter of invitation (invitation letter)?
There is no difference. It is the same kind of document which is needed for your visa application process. Without this document, you cannot get a travel visa to Russia.
Can I get a Business visa invitation if I am not in business?
Yes, you can. You do not have to be in business to be able to get a 90 day or even 1 year visa to come to Russia. The main difference between a TRAVEL visa and a BUSINESS visa lies in the duration of the stay. Thus, your stay on a Travel visa MUST NOT exceed 30 days. Whereas on a Business visa – it can be up to 90 days with a 1 year validity and multiple entries.
How long does it take to issue a tourist visa invitation?
A tourist visa invitation (Travel voucher) will be issued within just a few minutes on the same day.
How long does it take to issue a Business invitation to Russia?
It takes 1 to 21 business days to issue a business invitation, depending on the country you are from and the type of business invitation you requested. If in doubt, please double-check with our staff by sending an email to
Is it secure to pay for the service using my credit card details?
Yes, it is.
Payment by bank cards (Visa or Mastercard) is carried out through JSC “ALPHA BANK”:
The service of payment via the Internet is carried out in accordance with the rules of the international payment systems Visa and MasterCard on the principles of confidentiality and security of payment, using the most modern methods of verification, encryption and data transmission through closed communication channels. The bank card data is entered on the secure payment page of ALFA-BANK JSC.
If my payment does not go through, what should I do?
We can provide other payment methods such as PayPal, Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer. Or you can use another card–some cards may not be designed for international transfers, or you may fail to complete authorization.
Can I use another person’s card to submit the payment?
Yes, you can if you have the person’s permission.
Can I get a refund if I change my mind about visiting Russia?
No. Payment for the service is non-refundable.
Is it possible to change the dates of my travel if my Travel voucher has already been issued?
Yes, it is possible if you contact us before the arrival date indicated on your travel voucher. If you inform us after the arrival date indicated on your voucher, date correction is no longer possible.
Is it possible to make a correction if I made a mistake in my name or some other personal data?
Yes, it is possible. Please email us at and request the correction. We will do so accordingly.
I do not know exact travel dates. Can I give you my tentative dates for the invitation letter?
Yes, you can. Your Travel visa will be issued according to the dates indicated in your Travel voucher (invitation). But you can travel any time within this time frame.
I have not booked a hotel yet, so can I get a tourist invitation letter?
Yes, you can.
Can I book an apartment through Airbnb and provide it for accommodation?
Yes, you can. In this case, instead of the hotel name in your application form, mention the full apartment address for your accommodation.
Do I need a hard copy of my invitation or will a soft copy (scanned copy) suffice?
This depends on the country you are from. For some countries, just a scanned copy is enough. But for other countries, the original (by express courier) is requested. Please check directly with the Russian embassy in your country. We will provide accordingly.
How much does it cost to send the original document to my address?
We charge a flat rate of 50-55 USD to deliver the document worldwide. Generally, express delivery takes from 3 to 6 business days.
Can I extend my Travel or Business visa when I come to Russia?
No, you cannot. Travel or Business visas cannot be extended. So, you will need to leave Russia and re-apply for a new visa. But you CAN apply for a new travel or business invitation while in Russia, and use it later when you return to your home country.
I am currently in Russia on a Travel visa. Is it possible to change the status of my visa to Business while I am still in Russia?
No. In this case, you need to leave Russia and get a new visa from your home country.
Do I need to register my visa when I arrive in Russia?
Every foreign traveler who comes to Russia should have his/her Russian visa registered within 7 working days upon arrival, excluding holidays and weekends. For less than 7 days, no registration is required.
How do I register my visa?
If you stay in a hotel, it will take care of the registration upon your arrival – this is generally free of charge. If you wish to live in a private apartment or with your friends, we register you through our company. Our service charges are as follows: registration for 1-2 weeks’ costs 35 USD, registration for 1-2 months’ costs 55 USD. Please email your request to
I lost my passport while in Russia. What do I do?
You need a new visa to be able to leave Russia. You should first consult the local police station and request an official document that confirms the fact that your visa was lost. After that, you need to get a new passport and exit visa through the Embassy or Consulate of your native country.
Apart from the invitation letter, what other documents do I need to apply for a visa?
Every country may have a different set of documents required for one's visa application process (for more accurate information, we recommend that you check directly with the Russian embassy in your country). Here is a list of some common documents that are generally collected in order to obtain a Russia visa:
Foreign passport
Consular visa application form
3.5 *4.5 centimeter photo
Visa invitation letter
Consular fee
Travel insurance (may be mandatory or optional – please check with the Russian embassy)
Can I apply for my visa from another country and not from my home country?
Generally, one can apply for his/her visa from his/her home country. However, if you live in another country and have a residence permit, work permit, Green Card, etc. in this country, you should also be able to apply from there. There are also cases of getting a tourist visa from another country without the aforementioned documents. The likelihood of this depends on the Russian embassy. So we recommend checking with the Russian embassy of this particular country as to whether you can get a tourist/business visa from this country.
If your question was not answered here, please, email us at :
3 Simple
to obtain
a Russian visa:
Step 1
Issue your visa invitation
online from our website.
Step 2
Fill out the visa application form on the official website of
the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia at
Step 3
Get your visa and enjoy
your travels!